Logo

oil injection

tritonman2001

Regular Contributor
I would like to know if anyone here has the onboard oil tank, and the remote tank of a 1998 150XR6. The previous owner removed all of this, but left the oil pump and I would like to check the oiler for proper operation, so that I can put it back the way it was. Mixing gas and oil is a pain in the rear.

Are the sensors still on the motor as well as the oil pump actuator rod, you will need those as well. I would also remove the oil pump and drive gear and shine a light in the hole and make sure the crank gear is OK before you proceed or it could be a short live process. Also take a long thin screwdriver and wiggle the gear on the cranshaft and make sure that both halves of the gear are fairly tight, there is a small screw holding the two halves together.

You can get those pretty quick on ebay, if you cannot find them let me know I likely have all the parts lying around at the shop.

I have a 1996 my Mariner 150'hp. People tell me I need to bypass the injection system and mix before I burn my engine up! Any thoughts would be appreciated!

There is a plastic gear on the crankshaft that drives the oil pump.-----Those have failed.-----Some units have a sensor that will alarm should the pump stop turning.

There is a plastic gear on the crankshaft that drives the oil pump.-----Those have failed.-----Some units have a sensor that will alarm should the pump stop turning.
Thanks for that info!
Is there any kind of maintenance I should be doing to extend the life? Plastic and 25 years old worries me.

Back