Logo

remote oil tank lines,what goes where? 1998 200 hp

cedargal

I just installed a 98 merc 200hp 2 stroke,I can't figure out which line goes where from the oil tank to the motor.Anyone have any diagrams?

Re: remote oil tank lines,what goes where?

There are only two lines when you put them into the motor one should be shorter than the other, The shortest plugs into the valve at the lower starboard crankcase, you cannot miss it it looks like a 1" nut with a 1/4" nipple on it and the other plugs into the horizontal nipple on the motor mount oil tank up near the oil tank top bracket again starboard side. Make sure you mount that line on the horizontal fitting of that "T" fitting, The lower line coming off that fitting in a vertical position should have a vent line attached to it that just runs down infront of the starter and hooks to nothing.

OK I am confused. is the oil pump etc.. installed or not. if not then you have a bunch of work to do. Post the serial number if you have not already.

When I bought the motor the previous owner kept the remote oil tank and oil lines that connected to the motor. I found a used remote oil tank and ordered new oil lines.You told me where the lines go to on the motor,but now on the other end of the oil lines ,which oil line goes to which of the 2 fittings on the remote oil tank
Pam

I just looked at the parts picture, the one that goes to the lower crankcase valve should connect to the left port on the cap end when looking at the fitting on the cap in front of you. I will double check this in the manual in the am and post back.

Last edited:
Back