Logo

I feel Like an Idiot! I sprayed Fresh Water directly into My Riser Elbow

Conundrum

In an idiotic attempt while replacing hoses I put a fresh water hose directly into on of my Riser elbow exaust ports and filled it up to "clean out rust particles". After doing this my engine wont turn over, I reallized then, I dont know what I was thinking. :eek: Can I have done irrreprable damage to the enigine? Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can do?

don't try and turn it over again until you remove all 8 plugs. It's sounds like it's hydro locked.

Once the plugs are out, you should see water coming out of the cylinders when you crank it over. If no damage, you'll have to do consecutive oil changes once you get it running again.

Bob

don't try and turn it over again until you remove all 8 plugs. It's sounds like it's hydro locked.

Once the plugs are out, you should see water coming out of the cylinders when you crank it over. If no damage, you'll have to do consecutive oil changes once you get it running again.

Bob

Thanks Bobct.. By plugs you mean spark not the drfain plugs on the risers and exhaust manifold right?

pull the spark plugs out and try to spin the engine over using a socket on the balancer bolt. If it moves a bit, some WD-40 in the plug holes would be beneficial. once you get a few turns, try the starter. If it spins free, put the plugs in and get it running. change the oil and filter as soon as possible, especially if the engine sat over the weekend with the water in it.

yes, and follow Mark's advise. I dumped some coolant into the engine when changing my intake manifold gaskets last fall. Wasn't hydrolocked but oil looked like coffee. I did one drain/refill and then two back to back oil changes once I got it hot and running.

While reading one of the boating magazines recently, I had seen an advertisement for some brand of lubricant that " UN STICKS " rusted, frozen, seized engines.. I am wondering has anyone heard of it. I can't seem to find it again. THANK GOODNESS, I don't need it...but I did see it.

diesel oil will do that Al...you just gotta give it a little time. penetrates very well, too.

Personally, I'm leery of any "miricle in the can", especially if its new.

Back