Logo

Volvo Penta 360 won`t start

wineprovider

The above engine has just come into my possession and I have been trying to adjust the tickover all afternoon. Then all of a sudden the engine wouldn`t start. I then checked the plugs adjusted one or two gaps returned them and it still wouldn`t start. I then checked to see if there was a spark and I could not see one on cylinders 1 & 2 I didn`t check 3 as I didn`t see the point.
Please can someone shed some light on my problem and maybe tell me the plug gaps.
In anticipation,
Wineprovider

THANKS............It now starts but the plugs get oiled up very quickly then it runs sluggish and if I wanted to run @ full throttle it gets there very,very slowly. It also seems to flood the carb quite frequently without over-priming. ( is that a word)
I now have a back up that works but have lost confidence with the Penta so won`t take it out until I get it fixed.
Our local outboard mechanic is busy and very expensive so I need some experienced help.

I think that it needs sme attention Mate!

Put the old thing in for a service as it is definetly going to let you, and maybe someone you care for, down or injured.

B

Back