Logo

trim sending unit

scorpion

i have an aq 260 chris craft with a 280t my question is where does the wire that hooks to the outdrive get attached from the sending unit it is just hanging through the hole.if i pull on the wire my trim gauge will respond but i cant find the attaching point thanks for any help

Some how I seem to remember a plastic tie wrap!! I beleive it went around near the top of the H-bar. I'll take a look at some old books and report back if no one else chimes in. Oh, and don't refer that as a "t" drive. It's a 280 "Power Trim". Many folks don't remember a true V/P "T" drive. It and the 270 were very old and had a inside the boat power trim system that sucked big time and a nightmare to work on!!!

Post an image of your drive.
There was both a 270 and 280 "T" drive if memory serves me.
You will be hard pressed to find much info on this drive, if that's what you have.

There was also a 280 "PT" drive, noted by the exterior trim cylinder covers and wide transom shield.
If you indeed have the AQ 260, you likely have the PT.

i have the pt drive the trim cyls are on the the outside of the outdrive covered by what look like elephant ears thanks for any help

OK, Just went out to the shop and got a couple of old books out. The parts book shows a clip/clamp #851397-0 and judging by the pic it goes down and clips onto the reverse lock plunger shaft. That's the piece that gets pushed down by the pressure plate when you have mechanical tilt but since you have P/T this isn't used and it looks like it just clips onto the SS plunger below the bullet tip going thru the H-bar. This all happens on the port side. Best I remember we just cable tied the loop in the end of the sender to this spot and adjusted from there. Adjustment is turning the white sender with the little screws loose. Hope this helps, it's been years since I've seen one of these.

Back