Logo

2007 115 hp tell tale alarm, Please help!!

raydes1

Greetings to all. I need some assistance with my 07 Opt. 115 hp 1.5 ltr 3cyl.
I recently added a hydro foil to my lower unit, and now I have a tell tale alarm going off. It sounds in a series of 4 beeps every 5 to 8 minutes. the thing that kills me is that it does it at any time. there is no specific reason that I can depict would cause this alarm. it makes no differance at idle, or underway.
Like any good owner I went to the manual, and the only thing obtained was to shut down with a solid alarm.
If anyone can assist with a path to diagnostics? or any expieriance would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you
Respectfully
Ray

Re: 2007 tell tale alarm, Please help!!

I did forget to mention that this boat has been in winterization for almost 2 years. I'm also thinking that bad gas could be the cause also. I'm down to about half a tank of fuel so I'm thinking premium top off to see if that helps. I'm just trying the most obvious.

drain the fuel, clean the carbs. that is your oil alarm going ff. put fresh gas in, and when you clean the carbs make sure all passages are open. and make damn sure you have oil, and that those lines are clear.

I would drain all your fuel tank dont just add new fuel as 2 year old fuel will be stail. As your engine is a Optimax it doesnt have carby's. As the boat has been sitting for 2 years woudnt hurt to check your water pump impeller and check all fuel filters

That alarm is low oil or water in the fuel - I would suspect the latter.

In addition to the fresh gas/drain the tank advice above I would definately replace any inline fuel filters you may have (and install a water separating filter if you don't currently have one) and change the filter in the vapour separator.

Back