Logo

1987 4.3L help

bunger79

Hey I am new to this page. I usally surf the yamaha paege but, I am getting the parants boat ready for the season. Two things I found one is the fuel water sep is a 21micron. Is there a part # for a 10micron one. I can find anything in the seloc manual. Also the alternator is bad. I can just go to an auto parts store to get this replace correct. My parents use the boat 2 time a year. Things are braking due to not enough use rather then over use. Thanks for the help.

Chad

Bunglers I wouldn't worry about getting a 10 micron filter if your having problems try pumping out all the old fuel and starting with fresh gas and buy a couple reg fuel filters, as for the alt. Yes you can go to the auto parts stor and get a normal alt it will work fine. MaKe sure you batterys are good and that they are not the redason ur alt. Went bad in the first place

Except for the fact a automotive one might ingite any gas fumes present.
Marine units are spark arrested not to mention you wont be covered by your insurance if they find it in the smoking hull.

Yes you can go to the auto parts stor and get a normal alt it will work fine

Ayuh,... That's bad, Bad, BAD Info....
All electrical parts on boats MUST be Marine rated,+ Spark Sealed...

j 1171 should be marked on any marine electrical unit. Settle for nothing less, unless you want to have a big boom.

So if you want look on the web for DB electrical i bought from him so many times i lost count.

He won't screw you just tell him what you have, he also sells auto stuff, but funny thing when i got my sons mountaineer starter it was marked j 1171 better for me, and i got it less then 1/3 then everyone at the auto sores wanted to charge me.

Tip: get the same alt. or whatever you have same wires.

Hey guys thanks for the great info. I am glad I posted here no clue what I would have done if I hurt or killed my parents. Cheifalen just ordered a alt from DB electrical those price are incredible. Thanks again.

Chad

Back