Logo

F series props / C series interchange?

The answer to your question is, Yes..... the F is a Duo Prop set.
But we need to define "DP".
Are you speaking of DP as in "Duo Prop"..... or DP as in "DP-S" drive?

Think of these as being two categories if you will!
One being the AQ series Duo Prop drive, and the later series that is a Gimbal suspension style... such as the DP-S drive and later.

The AQ series Duo Prop drive exhausts through the drive housing and would use the A, B or C series prop sets, for example (I think there is a D also)
C's are Stainless Steel and fit the AQ series Duo Prop drive only.
(there is no exhaust porting through the hub in this prop set)
113.jpg

Later drives exhaust through the propeller and require a prop like this F
(here you can see the exhaust porting)
141.jpg

Last edited:
OK, can the F series props be used on an AQ Duo prop drive, i.e. are the shafts the same size in diameter/ spline count/ dimension, etc..?

No exhaust of course on the AQ drive thru the prop.........

Rick, Have you ever thought about writing a book/ manual/ autobiography?!

Appreciate the help, John

1. OK, can the F series props be used on an AQ Duo prop drive, i.e. are the shafts the same size in diameter/ spline count/ dimension, etc..?
  2. No exhaust of course on the AQ drive thru the prop.........
  3. Rick, Have you ever thought about writing a book/ manual/ autobiography?!
Appreciate the help, John

1. Wow, I've never tried quite honestly! I believe that the nut for the FWD prop is same. Of course there is no cone nut for the AFT prop... but what a good question!

2. Yep

3. Certainly not an autobiography...... but if I knew twenty five/thirty years ago, what I know now about the AQ series drives..... I sure would have considered it back then... but not now though!
So I guess I missed my calling! :rolleyes:

I think that Volvo sort of shot themselves in the foot when the AQ series was being phased out.
The best of these were built in 91, 92, 93 and 94 in and aroud the C and other models.

re: "I think that Volvo sort of shot themselves in the foot when the AQ series was being phased out."

I agree. A prime example of copying the wrong answer from your classmate's paper in a test.

Back