Logo

Where does this wire go???

scbby20

I was trying to locate a problem with my trim tilt and determined it was the upper solenoid. I replaced it. In trying to determine what the actual problem was I discnnected the positive lead from the battery that went to a red block type fuse that connected to both solenoids. I disconnected the positive lead and the solenoid and replaced it. Everything seems to work fine now HOWEVER in doing this I disconnected a brown wire that goes somewhere down to the bottom of the motor, I can't determine where. It either had to come from the front or rear side of the red block type fuse OR from one of the sides of the solenoid. Can anyone please help me. Everything SEEMS to work in spite of this but I haven't had the boat out to actually determine if it does. Obviously something is lacking as that wire is not connected to any type power source.

Thanks for the ""info"" WTF!!!
"" I disconnected a brown wire that goes somewhere down to the bottom of the motor"""" WHAT MOTOR? your engine? the trim motor? the starter motor?

You have to be more forth comming with as much INFORMATION as possible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

if you can not supply better info dont expect an answer.........

ALSO A QUIRK OF MINE.......

Please learn how to type a paragraph.

You ever hear of the the enter key to start a new sentence? So one can dissern between one sentence and another so they dont run continually in one long sentence? how would you like to read a response that had all the info you wanted in the words but had a hard time reading it because there were no breaks in the sentences and you had to read it over and over again and try to figure out what the person was trying to say. I am so amazed at how few typing and english skills are displayed here from people who supposedly went to school. I understand spelling issues but please, grammer and basic english and sentence construction...........PLEASE!

There should be a "sticky" with "please post full engine, drive and boat info..."
Also say if it's a new problem, i.e., did this rig EVER run right for you, or it's been like this since I bought it.

He says everything works ?

EVERYTHING hmmm . Bilge pump, blower, maybe a ground from the fuel fill, hmmm what else, what else hmmm.

I concur..........

he sent me a personal message with a better discription and I think it is the bllge pump wire.

I gave him my phone number to call me vs typing a long reply, just had carpoul tunnel surgery on my right hand a few days ago so typing is tough.....of course here I am typing..............lol

Just spoke with him,

he has a PONTOON boat with a 4 cycl I/O merc. COOL!!!!

his bilge pump works from the switch on the dash and he "thinks" his pump is a auto pump so if it is then the wire is from the AUTO side of the pump and was wired directly to + and someone used the + side of the trim pump as the point of connection.

He also said his blower worked from the switch so it is not that.

KGHOST figured it out. Because the bilge pump worked using the manual switch on the dash he determined it to be power to the float switch on the bilge. Thanks to kghost and all who contributed to a successful resolution.

just had carpoul tunnel surgery on my right hand a few days ago so typing is tough.....of course here I am typing..............lol
Don't tell your doctor that you can't stop your addiction to helping people out on a boating forum during the busy season.:p:D

In all seriousness, I hope your surgery went well and your feeling better soon. ;)

Good luck with your recovery.:)

Back