Logo

Voltage of the cylinder head of Volvo Penta 140 A gasoline engine

Mamij

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]Hi,

as the title says so, I need exact figures on how much cylinder head must be strapped to an old Volvo Penta 4 cylinder marine gasoline engine,

Thank you
[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]Hi, [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]as the title says so, I need exact figures on how much cylinder head must be strapped to an old Volvo Penta 4 cylinder marine gasoline engine, [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]Thank you[/FONT]

Are you asking how much to torque-down the head bolts by any chance?

It depends on the head you have installed. Older models called for 66 lb.ft (90 Nm). On newer models you do the tightening in 3 steps.

1st step: 20 Nm
2nd step: 40 Nm
3dt step: tighten an extra 120º angle.

You will probably be safer applying the 3-step torque procedure. But most important, make sure you start torquing the center bolts, then go forward and aft in the following sequence.

7 3 1 5 9
8 4 2 6 10

That is, you start torquing bolts 1 and 2, then move to 3 and 4, then to 5 and 6, etc. Just keep in mind that bolts 7 and 8 are on the forward side of the head (that is, where the belts and pulleys are installed).

Now wait a minute here!
A known voltage w/ known amps can be converted to watts.
Watts can be converted to horse power.
With the right calculations and a known length from fulcrum, we could convert this torque to a required horse power!
And with a known torque value to be achieved, I'm sure that we could somehow get this back to a Voltage increment!
I may need to know the amps!
I'll work on this! :rolleyes:

Joking aside, I'd listen to what Eduardo is suggesting..... I have every reason to believe he knows these engines very well. Take heed! :)

Back