Logo

1970 Evinrude 60Hp, model 60073B

Wild Bill

Hopefully, I'm not the only one still running one of these. I even use the electric shift. I'm looking for other owners who might be able to help with questions. For starters, what does the "B" stand for?

I've got one of those , but have no idea what the B stands for. I cant find anyone who can work on it so I had to get another

Thanks, sorry about taking so long to get back. I really wish that I had some specific manuals for this model. It runs great, and I'd like to do a complete restoration. Only problem is with the charging system. Any suggestions?

Help! My son just gave me an old STAMAS boat with the 1070 Evinrude Triumph 60hp model 60073B on it & the boat is probably about as old as the motor...I have never owned a boat & am not yet retired...Is this going to be worth investing in? I'm excited about having a boat, but maybe this should not be my first one.

Thanks,

Shane
Saint Joseph, Missouri

The electric shift in my opinion is very simple and reliable. Others will argue that of course.----------------I know how they work and how good they are.-------Make sure you use the proper oil in it and keep water out of that lower unit.----The ignition systems on those are problematic.

Back