Logo

Total rebuild AQ130C Questions

Morning Gentleman, Been off the forums for a year and a half. Had a priority pop up, by the name of Alivia :), so the boat went to the wayside for a time. I still have the 75 Bayliner Liberty but it has been parked for over a year. Rather than rehash and trying to remember what I did before, outside of the old posts, I decided to pull out the AQ130C and completely rebuild it. Problem is the local parts stores do not seem to know what model B20 best suits my needs. Is the 1975 VOLVO 242 GL 4 CYL 2.0L sufficient model to go with for ordering parts?

I want to try to use car engine parts such as valves, valve springs, pistons, rods, etc... whenever possible. I do have another 130C I can scavenge parts if necessary from but have not really looked it over too good yet. If I use valves and springs with automotive specs, should I be able to just use an automotive cam? The boat will be used 90% of the time for fishing, so high speed/performance is not necessary, as low speeds and trolling are what it will be doing most.

Another thing I was looking to do was to buy the Weber Marine conversion kit (http://carbsonly.com/frames/marine.htm) and change to a single carb system. Has anyone bought and used one of these? It says "some simple adapting" will be needed. What I am asking is has anyone used these and what simple adapting will be needed and what costs the kits are? Any ideas and comments are welcome as I am on a budget but really want to get this done, and yes I have been searching the forums and reading all kinds of postings. As always, thanks in advance. Jim

Last edited:
Back