Logo

2.3L Ford /Cobra

yahoo50

I read a post a while back that a fellow boater asked about the equivelant to omc triple guard grease and omc gasket sealing compound and omc premium wheel bearing grease and anti corrosion spray to spray the engine down with for the maintenance and winterizing process that the manual says to use. I was wondering if anyone and everyone that replies to this post could be specific on what they use. so i will have a general idea of what to use for this.
For example: A guy I know says not to put any gasket sealer on the pivot housing gasket, no triple guard grease on the lip that seals to the driveshaft bellows rubber boot. (And spraying the engine with anticorosion spray HE says ??????. Ect....
This board has helped me alot !!!!Would be nice to have some instructional tapes or dvd's on all of this.... I SURE WOULD BUY THEM....
Thanks Guys to any and all replies...
Ernie...

Last edited:
Well...I know a lot of guys that spray down their carb and stuff with WD40 for the winter, can't help you with the other stuff as I'm still using my OMC stuff, can still get it through some of the local shops up here.

Back