Logo

Solex carb question

eastcoastitalian

Contributing Member
Just cant figure this one out! I recently aquired a boat with a bb140 motor and a 275 drive, i know the boat originally came with the 2 side draft carbs,but when i got the boat it had 1 single downdraft carb and intake on it. I got a used intake and 2 down draft carb set up off an aq 151 my question is which jets would i need in these carbs to get best performance?? They suck as is!i know the best way to go about it would probably be to replace with the original side drafts and intake, but its not an option as money is an issue and they would probably cost me more than the boat is worth. Any suggestions would be helpful, thanks

'm running a Solex carb on my stock 51' CJ3A and I notice it is running very rich though it runs very well...the plugs are sootie and the ...

Just cant figure this one out! I recently aquired a boat with a bb140 motor and a 275 drive, i know the boat originally came with the 2 side draft carbs,but when i got the boat it had 1 single downdraft carb and intake on it. I got a used intake and 2 down draft carb set up off an aq 151 my question is which jets would i need in these carbs to get best performance?? They suck as is!i know the best way to go about it would probably be to replace with the original side drafts and intake, but its not an option as money is an issue and they would probably cost me more than the boat is worth. Any suggestions would be helpful, thanks

Seloc has the specs for the AQ145, which is the closest to the BB140 in downdraft. They are identical to the AQ151, so if your new setup works for you I would leave it the way it is.

Last edited:
There is nothing about the Solex downdrafts that "suck"! When clean and tuned properly they work fine. It's the side drafts that my shop has been fighting for over 30 years.

Back