Logo

2009 4.3 GXi performance

Kiplaker

Hello Everyone,

I have a 2009 Regal 1900 that I bought new last year. I put 63hrs on it last summer. Are there any performance parts available to increase HP or is this little motor already maxed out? Even though I didn't get the 5.0 GXi option is it still possible to install a V8 in this hull? If I did go the route of an engine swap I would prefer to go all the way to the 300HP 5.7 GXi. This is only 30HP more than the 270HP 5.0 GXi.

WOT (4800rpm) with a 21" aluminum 3 blade prop gives me a top speed of 52MPH on my GPS. I would like to get another 10 to 15 MPH if possible. Do you think I am asking too much of my little boat?

Terry

Re: 4.3 GXi performance

Terry, have you considerd adding the Duo Prop, rather than an engine change?
You'd be surprised at the performance difference.

Hi Ricardo,
I thought the Duoprop just increased thrust, not top speed?
thanks for answering.
Terry

yeah, volvo sends those engines set up, that late of a model engine would require heavy replacing of perf parts and the computers are pretty much unchangable, everytime u hook up a scan tool to the new volvos via the internet, a lil machine in sweden marks the time and date and records what was done to it,...im with the duo-prop as well, no more horsepower, but like the guy said a more directed thrust pattern will do wonders for the same amount of power

Back