Logo

Delco Voyager Distributor

kountzelightdiesel

Contributing Member
I came across an ad. for a Delco Voyager electronic upgrade distributor. I have been thinking about doing the elec. upgrade but I've noticed alot of companies offer one...

Do any of you run one of these? Is there an advantage to replacing the dist. instead of retrofitting mine? Any contributions?

Thanks

The beauty of a new complete distributor is that all parts (gear, shaft bushings, housing/cap/rotor, triggering unit, etc) are all new.... no more worn and failing parts.
The Hall Effect upgrade kits cannot offer the new gear/shaft bushings, etc....., so you end up with a conversion ONLY, and a "Hall Effect" triggering device to boot!:rolleyes: Not very scientifically designed, IMO.

I'm thinking that this Delco Voyager unit requires a module that may not be compatable with your ESA system. You may want to look into this first.
Without the ESA, you will have difficulty coming out of gear with an OMC drive.... unless you have the CC KC drive!

DELCO_site_250_175.jpg

I came across it while looking at that site when considering buying a new engine and the recommended it for any pre-1990 3.0. Any ideas who to ask about the ESA?

Back