Logo

Fuel line leak

dmanars

I recently got my boat out and started up. It starts up after a few turns, but all of the sudden there is a leak where the fuel connects to the carbs. I have an aq130 by the way. anyway I took the carbs off anyway to service the seals reconnected them and I still have a leak. But the funny thing is that the leak isnt consistent. I thought it was a connection issue. If I take the carb off and put it back on, its like a toss up with carb will leak. But I cant seem to get both to stop leaking. anyway any thoughts. Oh and I need to re-tune my carburetors. I forgot where to start the screws at. Any help is apperciated.

The OEM aluminum Banjo Fitting sealing rings/washers are a "One Time Use" ONLY!
That may be your issue!

Last edited:
^^^ agree with what Rick said. I didn't have any luck finding the softer washers at the auto parts stores although some sell the copper washers for brake lines. I ended up ordering them online and ordered an extra set of 4 while I was at it.

Be VERY careful screwing the banjo bolts back in. If it's off just a hair, you'll strip out the threads in the carb top plate :eek:. I found it was best to take out the bolt holding the fuel line to the thermostat housing and start both banjo bolts by hand before tightening anything with a wrench.

They're VP part number 834452.

You'll need to order them from an authorized VP dealer. Unfortunately, this web site sponsor isn't one of those and will delete this whole thread if you link to a distributors' web site. Google is your friend!

Back