Logo

Walters V-Drive Dash Warning Lights

knuckle47

Advanced Contributor
Does someone know where the two Walters Warning Lamps on my helm are connected to on the v-drive/ transmission combos. I can't seem to find any lugs or terminals unless the have rotted off YEARS ago. While I am at it...I am thinking that in order to use a neutral safety switch on my BW 71C transmissions, it would require a different top plate. Is this so?

Al - you could always add a gauge and sender in lieu of the switch if you really wanted to see what was going on....I know, you probably just got done with the new wiring harness......

Not to hijack the thread, but does anyone know if the actually light itself is replaceable or who has them? The lenses on mine are gone leaving just the bulb, and while in no wake zones at night the damn things blind me.

Mark, What kind of reading am I looking for in this R-26 v-drive? As for the helm dash lights, while digging around in a bunch of parts that were on the boat a few years ago when I got it, there are two new complete light assemblies with the new and readable escutchion plate, so I am sure you can get the Walters ones right from Walters. Mine obviously have not worked in some time

Al

don't have much in the library on Walter's stuff - never had a big need for it. What i have is a snapshot of the discussion on the oil pressure from the older (-x0 series).

based on the values, you should be able to use one of your spare oil pressure warning horn switches for this.

Attachments

• Walters V drive oil pressure.pdf
    21.8 KB · Views: 315
Well thanks Mark,

Your pretty darn good with the computer too ! Snapshot? , I gotta try that some day. One thing about Walters...while their service is quite good, they won't even talk to you without a serial #, NO MATTER WHAT!

some programs have it built in some don't....

That's the way it was in the boat shop when I worked there.....tooooo many variants once you get beyond basic maintenance items. Once you had the SN, you could find the correct parts and service bulletins and hone in on the known issues.

In reference to the lights, here is my email to Walter Machine:

I'm looking to replace the two red warning red lights on my console for my twin engines. Do you sell the assembly with the metal ring around the outside with the warning information written on it?
Thanks,
Ed

Hi Ed,

Yes, this is our part #49A Warning Light and Plate. You can place an order by calling 201-656-5654 between 9am - 4pm. Thank you.
Sincerely,
Customer Service
THE WALTER MACHINE COMPANY, INC.
- Made in USA since 1927 -
84 - 98 Cambridge Ave
Jersey City, NJ 07307
USA
(201) 656-5654 - Main
(201) 656-0318 - Facsimile

Good Score Ed...

I wonder what they sell for. I bought new coupling bolts, nuts and washers from them last year....$80.00 !

Back