Logo

1981 aq 125b oil leaks at high rpm

mmarks00

i have a 81 bayliner with a aq125b engine took it out for the first time. runs good after removing the water from the gas and installing a fuel seperater. went to take off idle out in the no wake zone for a while all looked good.when i got the rpms up to take off it ran just fine but i notice there was oil on the distributor and carb looked like it may have been coming from breather tube at the carb.i backed it off and idled back to the dock no oil leak at low rpm only when i give it a higher throttle .i checked the oil and it looks like it was over full on the dip stick could this cause oil to blow out.

Re: aq 125b oil leaks at high rpm

It could be, but another possibility is that the leaks are caused by exhaust gas blow-by between the cylinder walls and the piston rings. A leak-down test in all four cylinders will tell you if this is the case.

i changed my oil it was over filled.took the boat out and now there is no oil leaking at high rpms.i think i got lucky.next question when i am just at low rpms the oil pressure is at about 40 psi are so and the when i put the boat at high rpms it will go to 80 psi is high oil pressure ok? it seems to run fine.

That's the way it should be. The oil pump is driven by the engine, so the higher the RPM the more volume of oil it pumps.

Back