Logo

no power getting to starter 2007 200 hp

mm145633

2007 200hp 4 stroke. I get no power to the starter when I turn the ignition key, but all the gauges and gas pump fire up? fuses seem to be all good at under the engine hood and in the case where all the relays are. Is there any other fuses I can check? something neaer the ignition switch possbibly? I see a grey and wire with a black stripe coming off of the ignition that isnt connected to anything. where should that go?

Re: no power getting to starter

where is the starter fuse? Are there any fuses up near the ignition? I just had someone hook up the motor and used my yamaha two stroke battery cables. not sure if the suzuki battery cables not being there would be a difference. every once in a while when i turn the key I can get the starter to engage, but thats like 1 out of 30 times turning the key. It must be a loose connection, but all grounds look good and everything on the engine looks connected correctly. dont think its the starter.

I assume a battery cable is a battery cable, really has nothing to do with Yamaha. Where is that starter fuse?

nope, yamaha does not seal theirs, causing corrosion, causing bad cables

its in the fuse box, check the owners manual, you have one?

I have a 2003 Yamaha 200hp 2 stroke and went out to fireworks last night and all worked well. had some battery cable issues (corrosion) earlier and replaced with good connectors. Fireworks over she started right up. No waked to the Tiki Bar in Rye and tied up to the dock. when it was time to leave engine wouldn't crack. just a whir from the starter (would not pop up and engage the flywheel). Running lights, fish finder, radio, engine tilt all work fine. Is there still corrosion on a battery cable I might have missed or is it time for a new starter?

Back