Logo

2001 40 hp 2-stroke making beeping noise

Thomas Reed

I recently purchased a used boat with a 2001 Mercury 40 hp motor, 2-stroke. Worked fine for a couple of outings, then motor started beeping. Water is flushing through okay, battery is fully charged. Anyone know what the problem could be?

is it a solid beep, or does it go beep beep beep. If it is the first, it is the overheat buzzer, if it is the second, it is like time bandit said, either low oil, or a busted sensor.

It beeps all the time, and the oil is full. Can you tell me where the sensor is located?

I have a 2001 Fisher Freedom 180 Pontoon with a Mariner 40 - 3 Cylinder 2 stroke motor with oil injection. I had the same problem last night with the alarm all of a sudden going off...... BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP Continued on even when engine was cut. If it is not the oil (since reservoir was full) is it the overheat? If it is the overheat sensor... what do you do to fix it? What is causing it? How much should it cost to have a mechanic fix it? Please email me at [email protected]... Any help is appreciated as I am a first year newbie to the boating world... Boat came with cottage!!

Back