MarineEngine.com - Your online store for all types of marine engines and boat parts.
PHONE ORDERS
Monday - Friday
9:00 AM - 5:00 PM EST
Click for TOLL-FREE Number
Online Checkout
Special $9.95 Flat Rate Shipping
(800) 209-9624 | Home | Contact | Shipping | Returns | Cart View your shopping cart.
Part Number Search
Shop by engine/drive part number.
Original & matching parts for sale.
Manuals & Accessories
Shop by description, item number
or manufacturer's model number.
Why shop with us? Check our reviews! Why Us & Reviews   Boat Repair Forum Boat Repair Forum   Boat Video Gallery Video Gallery

Get instant online access to repair manuals for your Mercury / Mariner outboard. Online Manuals
MercuryMariner
Order printed Mercury / Mariner service manuals — shipped to your door! Printed Manuals
MercuryMariner
Use engine diagrams to find & order parts for your Mercury / Mariner engine. Engine Diagrams
MercuryMariner
Find parts quickly with Mercury application guides. Quick Parts Guide
MercurySierraCDI

Post Mercury Mariner 8hp 2 cylinder 1989 Factory service Manual? Week Spark.

Hi, I would like to know if anyone has a factory service manual for this motor Serial #0C140802 or if you know where I can get a used manual ( I have the Selco manual it does me no good to vague. My problem is week spark on top cylinder causing the plug to foul I think I need to replace the switch box the coils tested good. I used a spark tester and got no spark to jump the gap so I switched coils and got a spark the engine will run with the week spark intermittently.
    Last edited by Ted Speedy; 04-22-2010 at 09:48 PM.

Default Re: Mercury Mariner 8hp 2 cylinder 1989 Factory service Manual? Week Spark.

You can get a new selco manual from this sight for about 35 dollars

Post Re: Mercury Mariner 8hp 2 cylinder 1989 Factory service Manual? Week Spark.

Thanks, but I should have said that I already have the Selco Manual and frankly it does not have the information on my motor that I would need to properly diagnose this problem. No schematic or details on my specific power head. It's kind of a generic manual covering about 6 different versions of my outboard and very vague in some areas.
    Last edited by Ted Speedy; 04-22-2010 at 09:48 PM. Reason: trying to be more specific.

Default Re: Mercury Mariner 8hp 2 cylinder 1989 Factory service Manual? Week Spark.

Then the best thing to do is go t the dealer and order one. When I get a manual, it only goes away when the motor goes.

Thanks but I am trying not to spend $80 dollars on a manual if I can get a used one or borrow one.

shoot me an email
    HUMAN BUILT = HUMAN FIXED

CERTIFIED MARINE TECHNICIAN

WWW.JUSTINTIMEMARINE.COM