Logo

Float level 2003 25 hp

ram120

I currently own a 2003 25 hp Mercury (Model #1025311AD, Serial #OT741301) and I just took apart my carburetor to give it a good cleaning. I'm having trouble finding the correct way to measure the float level.

I read in an older Mercury manual (but I'm pretty sure the carburetors are the same), that "the distance from the lower edge of the float and the top of the retainer, should be 1" (25.4 mm)."

My first question is, is this the correct distance for my carburetor?
My second question is, am I measuring the float right? Here is a picture of my set-up.

DSCN2201-1.jpg

Also, does it matter which way the float sits in the bowl. I forgot to take notice when I removed it and I see that it has little beveled edge on the one side. Do I have it sitting correct in the picture (note that the carb is flipped upside down).

Thanks for any help, it is very much appreciated!

Re: Float level

The model of the carburetor has an engraving on the side: WMC-65, with the numbers 3372 below that......if that helps with any information. Thanks again!!

Re: Float level

Lower it a 1/16 and try that. (Hook the fuel line to the carb, off the motor, and pump away.) If it still dribbles, drop it another 1/16 inch. I've had much trouble getting these carbs to behave.

Jeff

Back