Logo

Old Crusader O&M Manual

A 32+ footer with a pair of V-6's??? Brave man....email on the way...

Thanks for the manual and your quick response, it’s greatly appreciated.

Your comment indicates you think she may be underpowered? I would have expected V8’s for a vessel this size, is this an odd configuration? Is it a case of repowering, I thought I saw an original brochure that indicated the 165’s were an upgrade over the standard Hino’s, is that accurate?

I am buying her from what I believe to be the third owner (5 yrs), but I can’t be certain as logs only go back to ‘03. She is in what I consider to be amazing condition for 37 years old, and all maintenance has been performed annually. At a price of 40% book value it seems hard to pass on. This will be the largest boat we’ve ever owned and appreciate any and all feedback you can provide.

We’re excited get back on the water again after several years off, but want to remain cautious!

I think its a bit underpowered...but it is what it is...can't comment on what was original equipment vs upgrade on that model.

good luck!

Mako- Could you send me another copy? I can't seem to find the one you had sent? Sorry, I'm not too good at this. Thanks. Ned

Hello,
You may recognize me from a different thread... about "Chevy" 350's. At second look, they are '78ish blue Crusaders -model 270... and I would love the O&M manual if you still have it. I'm having an issue with the starboard, it dies from reverse to forward when backing out of the slip, heavy gas smell...like it's choked. Ideas and O&M appreciated. [email protected]

Thanks! Cory

then you should be able to verify they have crusader (ThermoElectron) serial number plates on the flywheel covers....I will email the O&M manual this afternoon when I get back to the source computer...

On the fuel smell issue - making sure the choke is fully opened would be a good first step. would also be good to remove the flame arrestor and inspect the carb primaries for anomalies....could be the float/needle/seat are due for a replacement/adjustment...could also be the fuel pump leaking so check the 'sight tube' (yellow tygon tube) running from the fuel pump to the carb...should be soft and flexible & DRY (no fuel in it) and not brown, hard, or cracked.

Could also be tuneup time, especially with the original point setup...

Good Morning, I just bought a boat with a 1987 Crusader 350 CID and looking for the factory repair manual. Any suggestions?

Thanks
Mike

I don't believe Crusader sells them anymore...best bet is probably a www search - try <Crusader TECM-596>.

Sometimes you can find them on ebay - once in a while you can find a scanned copy...

Dan, with today's robots searching the Net and/or forums for info, it is best if we do not post our email address in an open forum thread.

You can use the forum PM system, or break up your address like this;

Dan at dsolowysr (at) gmail (dot) C O M.

Just a suggestion!

If concerned, contact the forum moderator and ask that he remove your email address from this thread.

Last edited:
Hello all! New here, so forgive me if this horse is long dead lol.
I'm looking for a parts manual and a service manual for 1987 era thermo electron crusader 350/454.
I have the original owner's manual already if anyone needs a copy.
Bill

Welcome to ME.com!

your PM wasn't consistent with your post...so the first email may not help much. the second one will benefit you more...

Hi, I’m new here (and old :confused:) so forgive me if I’m not doing this right. I’m looking for a shop manual and owner's manual for 1988 Crusader 454 FWC engines, can’t seem to find any and was wondering if anyone could help.

if you send me a private message with your email, I can help with the owner's manual... left click my username (in the message header) and clcik private message in the box that pops up).

For the service manual, you are best to search the internet for Crusader TECM 596....the copy I have is HUGE and won't email...

if you send me a private message with your email, I can help with the owner's manual... left click my username (in the message header) and clcik private message in the box that pops up).

For the service manual, you are best to search the internet for Crusader TECM 596....the copy I have is HUGE and won't email...

makomark has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.

@Makomark

I am the new owner of a 1986 29' Blackfinn with twin 350 Crusaders. I would really appreciate a copy of your file. Thanks so much for doing this for all of us.
Best, Brian

Greensbr (at) aol.com

Back