Logo

Old Crusader O&M Manual

I have some circa 1990 Gen IV crusader 454s that need some serious lovin. I have the operations manual with very basic information (small book), but could truly use the Shop/Factory manual for these if they are still available.
I also have a PDF copy of the Crusader Illustrated Parts Manual from 1988 if anyone needs it..
[email protected]

Crusader never used the 3.8L in the 80's....based on my documents anyhow...

I have a 1984 Bayliner 3270 Explorer. I'm positive they are V6's I think GM229 V6 and everything I can find is they didn't put the 4.3's in until a year or two later. Regardless, since I have no documentation I will take whatever you would offer.

Thanks!

I have a 1984 Bayliner 3270 Explorer. I'm positive they are V6's I think GM229 V6 and everything I can find is they didn't put the 4.3's in until a year or two later. Regardless, since I have no documentation I will take whatever you would offer.

Thanks!

Ayuh,.... Welcome Aboard,..... Are they Crusaders, or Mercruiser, or OMC,..??

I think Merc used that motor for a year or two,...

I know OMC used that motor for a few years,...

Capt Scoobey:

Looks like a apology is in order....the manual I have only lists the 4.3 version on the cover. Inside it has several references to both 3.8 & 4.3engines.

Will email the PDF after this post completes.

Capt Scoobey:

Looks like a apology is in order....the manual I have only lists the 4.3 version on the cover. Inside it has several references to both 3.8 & 4.3engines.

Will email the PDF after this post completes.

i too too am looking for the 3.8 model 165 manual. Could you send a copy to me as well, Please....

Thank You

Peter

this may be the only place I've found even referencing the possibility of getting info on these old crusader inlines... any information (especially service manuals and specs) would be much appreciated... as I've just come onto an old allmand repowered with engines older than the boat crusader ch185 inline 6 cylinder engines. only seen some pics of the boat thus far... unsure what tranny these are even mated to. any and all info would be appreciated. private messgesor any reply appreciated.

sent what i had....but it isn't directly applicable.

If you want the Service Manual, out host sells them - just use the Boat Motor Manual link at the top.

Is the manual still available? I need to for my '86 305's (thanks for the ID!), Email is: harrisfamily436 at aol dot com. Thanks. Ned

Would certainly appreciate a copy of the manual as well. Currently non running LH rotation engine. Need to start with spark but need firing order as well.

[email protected]

Your standard LH Rotation engine will use the same firing order as with the automotive engine.

Your REV RH Rotation engine firing order will be a reverse of that, beginning with #1 cylinder.

NOTE: rotation is determined by viewing the flywheel end of the engine.

RH and LH rotation explained.jpg

i too too am looking for the 3.8 model 165 manual. Could you send a copy to me as well, Please....

Thank You

Peter

I too have a I have an '84 3.8 V6 Crusader and am looking for a manual. If you you have a manual that covers that model. Could you please forward the PDF to me? Thank You!

I did...the system response was unknown recipient.....huummmmmm

Makomark,

Sorry for the delayed response. Not sure what is up with the unknown recipient thing? Would you please try again. It seems like there may be a way to private message you in which case I could send you my email. Haven't figured the PM thing out yet. Does look like you can include an attachment in your response.

I recently bought a 1984 Silverton 37c and am REALLY hoping you can forward me a pdf of the O&M for the twin 454's. I'm pretty sure they have Hurths so if you could forward those too I will be dancing. Thank you very much!! --Kidd

Back