Logo

Old Crusader O&M Manual

makomark

Silver Medal Contributor
Currently, Crusader makes Owner's literature available on their www site for "recent" models. I've never been able to find any from the Thermo Electron Era. :(

I found one a while back and have finally got the thing scanned in. The end product is in PDF format and a bit under 6MB in size. The book didn't "fit" the scanner well but all the text is legible and the pictures turned out bet than expected. :)

The best guess at the print date is December 1982. It was delivered with a 1986 vintage engine. If you have a bona fide need for a copy, send a message via the board with an email address that will handle a sizable attachment.

That would be great. Also, I've scanned the PARTS manual for similar vintage. Mine is Gen IV (454) with both EST and Prestolite distributors contained within. I can send that to interested parties as well.

I have a Thermo Electron Manual. It surely looks its' 18 years of age. It was with the KING auto pilot book from 1983 and the Judson Engine Syncronizer guide, not to mention the recording LORAN plotter that came with the boat when we got it

I have a Thermo Electron Manual. It surely looks its' 18 years of age. It was with the KING auto pilot book from 1983 and the Judson Engine Syncronizer guide, not to mention the recording LORAN plotter that came with the boat when we got it

That's good. But, no Heathkit fume detector??

Hi!

Quite some time you posted this message...

I have dual Crusader Thermo Elecron 350 hp engines on my old Riva Saint Tropez and desperately looking for the Service Manuals. If you have them on a PDF form, would you mind emailing it to me? You would be great, Riva in Monaco (I leave close by) even do not have them, the old engineers work without need of support...:)
My email is [email protected]
Look forward to reading from you.

All the best
Dominique
Currently, Crusader makes Owner's literature available on their www site for "recent" models. I've never been able to find any from the Thermo Electron Era. :(

I found one a while back and have finally got the thing scanned in. The end product is in PDF format and a bit under 6MB in size. The book didn't "fit" the scanner well but all the text is legible and the pictures turned out bet than expected. :)

The best guess at the print date is December 1982. It was delivered with a 1986 vintage engine. If you have a bona fide need for a copy, send a message via the board with an email address that will handle a sizable attachment.

Dominique:

I have the Owner's manual, not the Factory Service Manual. I can email you the owner's manual, it covers basic maintenance only. Andrew, our host here at MarineEngine.com, has Service Manuals but I don't know if they are hardcopy or electronic. If you want the Service manual, send him an email
(mailto:[email protected]); I'm sure he'll take care of you.

I am glad this topic came up because I forgot about the booklet and really should read it again.

I was fortunate to get 95% of the original documents with my boat when I purchased it, about 2 years ago. I do have the Crusader O/M Manual (1989 - 66 pages) the engines were manufactured in 1988 according to some other info I read somewhere.

I also have the Factory Service Manual and parts manual, one of my first purchases (a must have for those doing the work) I purchased it from this website, but it is not possible to scan it. I did the same with Tiara, and was lucky to have gotten their last copy of the 33 Open OM.

I can scan it for those that would like a copy. Shoot me a email if you want a copy, also give me a few days to get it done: tiara33open -AT- gmail.com

Hi,
I have a 1972 Crusader (I think) Model:CO: 250, blue, V8 engine
Two other people thought it was a Commander engine.
Maybe the Engine Converter Co was Crusader & maybe the engine is a Commander
I think it is a 351 cuin Ford engine.
I am looking for O&M, Parts Manual, & Velvet Drive Manual.
Anything document close to year 1972 would be most appreciated.
My e-mail address is: [email protected] TNX in advance

I would greatly appreciate a copy of that O&M manual and if you have a service/shop manual that would be awesome. Ive got 2 1988 Crusader model 350 454 with velvet drives and could use the literature.
Thank You,
George

could you send me those manuals as well? Ive got 2 1988 Model 350 454's with velvet drives and just had them rebuilt! Or so I thought! more like got ripped off for $3,600 for this *&%#! to just buy 5 cans of crusader blue paint and paint them. Those manuals would be a very welcomed site.<br>Thank You,<br>George <br>[email protected]

Hello, I have twin 350 crusaders in my 42' Chris Craft Constellation. These are not the original engines... The boat was repowered in 1991, and the engines were from the late 80's. Can you send me a copy of the manual? I would really appreciate it. Thanks, [email protected]

Hello I bought a 1984 Carver Mariner last Fall that has twin 220 H.P. Crusaders. Along with the boat, I received a baggie with 12 drain plugs. I am even having difficulty figuring out where the 4 smaller plugs go. I am trying to put it back together and hopefully hear it run for the first time!! If you could send me a copy of the manual, that would be great. Thanks.....Russ

Hello.....I just joined this board and am not sure if I am using it correctly. I tried to send you a message a few minutes ago. If you got it, my apologies for the duplication. If not, I bought a 1984 Carver Mariner last fall that has twin 220 H.P. Crusaders. I received along with the boat, a baggie with 12 drain plugs. I have i bigger plugs figured out but the 4 small ones I am not sure of. If you could send me a copy of the manual that would be fabulous. Russ My email address is [email protected]. Thanks again Russ

Hello ,names Keith I have a 42' Californian with a pair of Gen4 454's / 350hp crusaders. I am going to replace the Stbd eng this fall. I would really appreciate and could use what ever manuals you have. here is my email..... [email protected] thank you, Keith

Back