Logo

engine wont stay running

searay123

Contributing Member
replaced wityh rebuilt block , I get the engine to run if i spray starter fluid and keep it on the carb will stay running . If i pump the gas seems the gas squirts out and can start it , yet will die out after . How is the gas kept flowing after start ? 1986 260 alphia , 35O block . Looking at the plastic , tube should that flow gas ? what should I check ?

Last edited:
canshaft does not have the fuel pump lobe
clogged needle in the carb
fuel lines on pump reversed
fuel sep (if used) sucking air
clogged anti-syphon
empty gas tank.

ok making progress , added gas:) found small line leak and now its running , yet if im less then 1/4 triottle it stalls sound like is starves for gas . I checked the line going into the carb its pumping gas. any thoughts ?

Possible Vacuum Leak under the Carby, which in turn is not creating sufficient Vacuum for the Venturies to syphon sufficient fuel into the engine.

Higher Revs is pulling in more fuel, so I would be looking at the Carby itself.

As you say, the engine runs at higher revs, then the Fuel Pump and Fuel Bowl is working correctly.

Bruce.

Well that was right on I ran engine and sprayed some starter under the carb and around the intake and seemed to increase the rev . I added a extra walsher to the carb hold down bolts and wow so simple its running like a charm . Thanks for the help !!!! been really going crazy over that .
icon14.gif

Back