Logo

Yammi built Mariner circa 80's 60 hp Twin cyl

benjamin_jones

Regular Contributor
Hi all,

Need some advise please. I have a Yammi built Mariner twin 60 hp, circa early 80's. Only number I can find is 6F O 304006. Forward control Quicksilver unit. It does not charge battery as there is no rectifier module fitted, not helping confidence as we go out far andhave been stranded a few times. Fortunately we have a 4hp troller to putt back to shore with.

It runs fine, on occasion it stalls at various throttle openings. New fuel pump, plugs and recent service. Fuel ratio @ 50:1.

When it stalls, we prime the fuel bulb and this sometimes helps, even with the new pump from Yammi. I'm thinking along the lines of electrical fault. Wiring looks clean.

Any suggestions? Winter is looming and the kids want to hit the large mouthed Bass before it's too chilly...

Thanks all!

Look for an air leak before the fuel pump, all the way to the tank. If that doesn't do it, try another primer bulb. I had one go bad on me (outlet check valve would lock up) and it did that. Heard of others that did as well.

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

All the possible suspects checked out:
Fuel line: new one fitted too, same effect as old one
Connectors: tank & motor all good and leak free. Seals are new
Fuel tank: all OK
Fuel pump: new one, same effect as old one
Choke: looks fine
Piping: all looks fine and no cracks, was replaced while ago
Impellor: New one few week's ago

This is why I'm looking at an electrical issue here. It's too erratic to pin it to a particular situation. IE throttle opening, RPM or such.

This lump does not discriminate, she offends with equal opportunity! Hot or cold, all the same.:D

Back