Logo

350 Mag Serpentine Belt

zacsrinker

I have a 2001 Rinker 232 Captiva with the 350 Mag MPI. The serpentine belt has been my main issue since I purchased the boat 2 years ago. The belt has blown twice now and I can't afford to have someone else fix it this time. I had the belt replaced last year along with the impellar ($950.00... ouch). The new belt lasted about a month and the mechanic wouldn't warranty the work. So I am sitting high and dry and need some guidance.

*The belt is easy enough to replace, but what other items should I look at replacing while I have the rear seat and floor out?

**Where can I find a repair manual for my engine?

***When I replaced the belt last year, it came as a kit with a new pulley. Should I replace the pulley again or try to find the belt without the pulley?

Should I replace any other pulleys?

As it is pretty obvious, I don't need to mention I am new at this and could use some guidance. Thanks in advance!!

Zac in Raleigh

Do you have the belt part number?

If so post it.

Napa has marine parts and they may be able to cross reference it to a standard belt that you can purchase from them.

If it is going thru belts then either you have a bad pully tensioner, or a pully on one of the devices being spun that is out of alignment (not uncommon) or one of your devices is freezing up under acceleration and burning thru the belt.

A marine serpintine belt is no different then an automotive and those last for 10's of thousands of miles...and some at higher rpms......

if you do not have the belt part number then post the motor serial number and we can look it up for you

Back