Logo

Turbojet engine runs slow

perdidoboater

Hi, I have a 1997 Four Winns Fling with a Turbojet engine. The engine runs, but it will only go about 10mph (if that), and it shuts of at full throttle. The boat hasn't been used in a while, and needs starter fluid to start until it's warm enough to start on it's own. I am not the original owner and don't have the engine manual. There is also a clunking noise periodically when it is running. I thought it might be a fuel mixture issue but I'm not sure. Any ideas?

Draw the old fuel out and dispose of properly. If decomposing (highly likely), drain and flush the fuel lines. add fuel back to tank last.

Sometimes, running off a portable fuel tank, as a test, will help diagnose fuel (in the tank) issues. Just be careful when doing this.

My 1994 115 OMC turbojet is doing the same thing. Will not hit the powerband. Have already replaced a ton of parts and all the fuel. The only thing I've been able to diagnose is the NEW power pack firing #1 cylinder twice per rev. The stator has low Ohms @420. I'm out of ideas and summer is almost over. Someone please help.

Parts replaced or rebuilt; VRO2, primer bulb, fuel filter, carbs, vent lines, power pack, plugs, plug wires, coils, timing base.

DEEPCEEV. It's not nice to Hi-Jack a thread. Read the rules at the top of the forum and start your own. Thank You.

It's also inappropriate to respond negatively 18 months later. And how does stating that I have the same problem qualify as highjacking a thread?

BTW, the boat (I use to own) needed rings. But then again, it needed all the other things we did to get it up and running. Like coils, stator, thermostats, rod bearings... etc.

Anyways, I sold my half to my buddy who owned the other half. He wound up having to replace the impeller bearings. The old housings had to be cut out with a special micro NCR plasma cutter.

Toodles Boobie

And I'm not going to read the rules Boobie. My rambling was meant to point out the silliness of your reaction.

So, how about our new President! TRUMP has put an end to the age of thin skin that mislead people like you into believing you have some sort of internet power over others. In case you haven't figured it out, your precious thread is just a chat room on the internet and nothing more. If you had done the right thing and ignored an 18 month old post instead of getting your feelings hurt and acting out, you'd have never heard from me again. Go ahead, boot me off the site - I SOLD THE BOAT.

Back