Logo

Alarm but no codes? 2003 200 hp

Re: Alarm but no codes?

I found it.... Where the rubber tube goes into the mount case there was corrosion around the tube where it enters the case and was causing the restriction of flow almost a 75% restriction. Ordered some parts and will be in back fishing soon.
Thanks
Joe

That is OUTSTANDING! Glad you found the problem. That amount of corrosion indicates that you may have some problems with that engine in your operating environment. There is a product called "Salt Away" that you may want to look into. I've not used it, but many have highly recommended it to clear out salt and calcium corrosion from your engine's water passages.

That is OUTSTANDING! Glad you found the problem. That amount of corrosion indicates that you may have some problems with that engine in your operating environment. There is a product called "Salt Away" that you may want to look into. I've not used it, but many have highly recommended it to clear out salt and calcium corrosion from your engine's water passages.
progress.gif

progress.gif

Thanks but salt-away would not have even touched the area where the corrosion was. But in hind sight I will be using something.

Back