Logo

1996 130HP Johnson Fuel Problem

startedinbermuda

Contributing Member
Appreciate your help. It started right up today but when I gave it gas it sputtered and died then it would start up quick and so forth and so forth.
I examined the gas line going into the carb area (round part with about 2-1/2" diameter) and was trying to pull it where it went into the carbs (after the fuel filter) but instead of the rubber line coming off, the nipple the gas line went into came out. It seems like there should be an o ring or someghing holding that nipple in but there was nothing there. Could this be my problem? Should there be an o ring or something like that there?
Any light you shed on this would be much appreciated. You helped me before.
George
Plantation FL

Sounds like the fuel line going to the VRO pump. The older version had the nipples glued on. the newer ones have a removable nipple held in place with a metal bracket and 2 torx screws. Is this the fitting on top?

If the glued variety, it's likely broke. If the new variety, probably missing some hardware.

The fitting was on bottom. By fitting that's the small part that the hose went on right? I don't see any brackets that were holding it. Maybe it was already loose and causing my original problem?? What's your opinion of what I should do?
George

There are three connections on the bottom. The one on the big end is the pulse hose, the middle one is the fuel input, and the one on the small end by the wires is the oil input. If the fitting is broke off, it's probably time for a new pump. If the original glue failed where the fitting slides over the pump, you could try re-gluing it, but I wouldn't be overly hopefuly

It's the middle fuel input and it slides into an opening instead of over an opening. It is pefectly smooth at the end that slides in which is why I thought there might be a fix. It does not look like it broke off but instead like it came off. Since it slides "into" instead of over; does that make it sound more feasable to glue the outer edges of the fitting and slide it in?
You are so responsive and so quick. I appreciate that and I'm very grateful.

Back