Logo

120 force L drive questions

cuda474

Hello I have a 91 Maxum 21' and bought it with a blown motor. I purchased another one and got ripped off. Bought it from North Carolina, took forever to get it and when I did get it, it was nearly in worse shape than the one I pulled out. My question is there another motor that can be adapted to this style of outdrive to get this boat in the water? If not, is there anyone around south central Nebraska that can get me going with a combination of the 3 motor that I already have? I think the motor I just got might run but have somewhat lost interest in the project. Would like to change the powerplant if possible now. I can modify the floor to a point to accept something else. Please reply and let me know as I am completely in the dark with this boat. Might even consider trying to make it a completely outboard drive motor?

Thanks! Sean

Does anyone have any info on this topic? Please I am desperate and not sure which direction to go with this project. Please help if you can.

I'm guessing that you may be able to use a powerhead from a force outboard. check craigslist. Finding cheap chrysler/force in decent condition is a fairly easy task. 1988-1991 is the sweet spot.

Thanks for the info but already have been checking c-list through Search Tempest for a while and haven't found anything within a 400 mile radius. I guess my main question is can a different size force be installed in my boat or Can I adapt it to something else like a 350 chevy or something else? This is what I would really like to do. Please help asap.....

Back