Logo

Boat cleaning

emptyhead123

Does any one know any products that will take the brown water marks off the bottom of a fiberglass hull. I have no anti-fouling on the bottom of the boat.

If you got someone selling Star Brite products, they have some good stain and rust removers that are SAFE on fiberglass!

Has any one ever used a product called zing it was recomended at a boat shop i went to i have a fiberglass boat and i have brown missisipi river stains on my boat and this zing has acid in it i just want to make sure it will not hurt my fiberglass it says it is safe for it but i would like some expert opinions.

You can use a product called on/off. Its acid and you must wear gloves. Avoid the fumes. Its fairly expensive for what it is. Maybe 15 to 20 dollars at West Marine. I used The Works toilet bowl cleaner from the dollar store two years ago. A similar strong acid. Works wonders. Just spray it on, let it soak for a few minutes and wash with hose. About 2 bucks at the dollar store. After using any product you like, you MUST WAX the boat or it will come back worse.

A good commercial toilet bowl cleaner works great.. Not any of the consumer types you find in hardware stores. I suit up, mask up, glove up, stick a hose from the spray gun into the bottle, and fire away.. This stuff even takes off the thick buildup of hard crud along the waterline.. The Stuff I use is called Verticide comes in a 16oz plastic bottle for about $5-$6 dollars.. It can be used with a bottle sprayer, you just have to find one with a stainless spring or they last about 10 minutes..

We use 'Slimy Grimy' which you can order off marine websites or direct. Mix according to directions and use a garden sprayer to apply. Let it do it's thing, scrub with a car washing brush and hose off. Some spots require additional application and scrubbing with nylon bristle brush. Also works on shower doors if you have calcium/lime buildup due to hard water.

I went to walmart and got a bottle of Hull cleaner. Was amazed at what it did , turned a $ 500 boat into a $2 k boat in about 45 min. Use gloves though.

Bough plate aluminum boat AMM 6800. Pleased with it self water draining system that keeps the boat driest all the time. Worry free cleaning indeed.

For cleaning the boat, start with filling the bucket with soap and water. Than start from the top of the boat and

work down and apply the soapy water to the boat with a sponge or soft bristle brush on the fiberglass.

You can find detergent to clean it. You can see there are many consultants using different detergents. Consider which one suits the boat and of course for your own money.
I often delve into the types of products I'm going to use. Spending time searching for information about the product will make you feel much more secure. I found a sharing place about the cleaners of the boats very well. You can take the time and search for it

Back