Logo

Trim is not working 2007 5.0

rubrduc

"I have a 2007 BlueWater horizon with a 5.0 GL Volvo Penta sterndrive. The drain hole was plugged up throughout the winter and the lower end of the engine compartment flooded to just above the starter solenoid. At this time the motor will not turn over and the trim up and down does not work either. The relays will click,the battery was bought new this last summer and I've had it recharged. I've pulled the starter out and discovered that it was full of water and will need to be rebuilt or replaced, I accept that as to why it will not crank over. My actual question is this, why does my trim not work? I cannot locate a trim motor, it is hydrolic, but where is it powered from? From the battery i've traced power to the starter solenoid, but I cannot locate any sort of motor that runs the trim. Can the hydrolics be powered from the starter solenoid? And would replacing this solve both problems? I've cleaned up all the connections from the cables and contact points but I still do not have a glimmer of movement from the trim.
I will accept my punishment and criticism for not checking the boat this winter and letting it fill up with rainwater, but I would greatly appreciate any help someone could give me on this matter."

"To find the motor trace back

"To find the motor trace back the hydraulic hoses from the transom.

Then test with a volt meter to check if power is going to the motor, and relays ? Also check the sensor and trim guage as this can stop the trim working.

Cheers

Stu"

"I have an SX-A Stern Drive, F

"I have an SX-A Stern Drive, From what I've now been told it does not have a separate tilt motor and is powered directly at the drive unit itself. I have power to the relays but the drive unit does not move. I've tried to "hot wire" using 12 volts directly to the green and blue wires that go through the housing into the drive unit, but it still does not respond. I'm probably going to have to replace something, I'm just not sure what."

Back