Logo

280 hose connector

"The gasket on mine is leaking

"The gasket on mine is leaking and the nipple is corroded. The picture of the Sierra connector, part #18-2778 looks like it would be sandwiched between the drive and a cover plate with two gaskets.
I found a Mallory one, part #9-44003 that looks right.
I can't tell on mine if it is an O-ring and a gasket or if they are one piece.
I don't want to order the wrong part or find out I have to get the O-ring separate.
Mike"

"What goes between the hose co

"What goes between the hose connector and the water tube is a combination of a gasket and an o-ring. There is a rib towards the middle, which seals around the water tube. In case of doubt, I would go for OEM or Sierra, as I am not sure of what Mallory's product is. The number you have provided is for a hose connector, but I don't see a gasket coming with it and I know the Sierra hose connector comes with a gasket."

"I ordered the 18-2777 one whi

"I ordered the 18-2777 one which is the one with 2 bolt holes not 6 like the one your looking at. The sierra one does come with a gasket like el said. OEM does not assuming you can find an OEM one. Not 100 percent sure but i heard the sierra one corrodes faster..

18-2778
# Fits AQ140A, AQ145A, AQ165A, AQ170A, *AQ175D, AQ200D, AQ225D, AQ260A, *AQ280, *AQ280L, AQ290A, AQAD30A, AQAD40A, B

# Models with Power Trim (*)"

"Yes, it is what some call a &

"Yes, it is what some call a "beaded" gasket. Bead goes towards the pivot tube (down).
I apply water proof grease to the beaded area when I install one. It will be taking some friction in this area, so grease helps against premature failure.

El, I think that the Mallory P/N is same as what you'd get from Sierra. My supplier carries a line of Mallory as well as Sierra.

Mike, this is a "wear" item, so look at this part again in two years or sooner if in salt water.
Easiest to pull the transmission ONLY when doing one.... It opens this area up for easy installation, and gives you a chance to lube bearing crosses, examine your bellows at same time and to replace the two O-rings.

."

Back