Logo

Evinrude 4hp over heating

hauhau

"Hi,i have a 4hp evinrude mode

"Hi,i have a 4hp evinrude model no.4536A that seems to run great in a bucket,as soon as i put it on the dinghy it seizes on me within 2-3mins..checked impaller all the fins are there and turns fine,blew all cooling lines that i could get to with air hose and still seizes..good thing is once it cools down its free again..any help would be great thanks"

"Sounds like it may be getting

"Sounds like it may be getting an air lock when you run it on the dingy. I have had them do it when I put them in the run barrel too, "

When I get an air lock - (

When I get an air lock - (not pumping water) I remove the motor and drop it back into the water. Trying to push out the air lock that gets in the water chamber by the quick force of water into the motor. It is strange but it happens. That is why it is always a good idea to check for water flow everytime the motor is started.

"Take off the power head and r

"Take off the power head and replace the rubber grommet for the water tube.
Take off exhaust cover, clean the channel going into the cylinders.
Change head gasket.
I've found these 3 a standard routine, in addition to new impeller/housing, when these small engines starts making overheat problems.
It is normally not just one spot, but a little here and there.
All together just an hour++ work."

Thanks for the good info..Any

Thanks for the good info..Any idea how much water should be pumping out of the holes on the leg

"Thanks to you all for your va

"Thanks to you all for your valued information,with all this i am able to eliminate a cooling problem.I think because the same piston seized both times and is tighter in the bore than the piston that isnt seizing,i have a ring problem and will replace them. Thanks again and i will let you all know how i get on."

Back