Logo

Change Oil Filter body gasket In 75 Honda

"I have a bad leak in Oil Filt

"I have a bad leak in Oil Filter body gasket But when I tried to change it, I cant get the lower right bolt out. Do you have to take the power head off just to change it. By the way, I did get the water pump going!
377330.jpg
"

Yep! Unless someone else has

Yep! Unless someone else has a magic way without drilling a hole in the side of the case.

Just got back in town. Did you get the housing as well as the plate for the water pump?

"Yea, i got the water going. A

"Yea, i got the water going. And thanks for the tip on drilling a hole i the side of the case. It worked! BUT man, the oil case is full of water/oil mixed. What do i need to look for, Crack head/block or what?"

"Since you are having a proble

"Since you are having a problem with the seal at the oil fill, the first place I would look would be there. There is a small water passage under that fill. If your fill is plastic, it may be warped. You should buy a new one with a new seal.

The other most likely spot would be the head gasket. However, I would hold off on that until you change the oil fill.

Be sure to change your oil, run the motor for half hour or so then change it again. You may have to do it several times before you get all the water out.

After you run it, also check what your spark plugs look like to see if there is any water in the cylinders. That would point to the head gasket but there could be internal cracks if the engine really got hot in the past.

These motors are pretty strong, so let's be optimistic!"

We'll do. Do you think I s

We'll do. Do you think I should buy a new oil filter body or find a used one. I've already dumped to much $$$$ into this PROJECT!!! You got a spare? Cheep!

"Mike, I pulled the plugs and

"Mike, I pulled the plugs and no oil/water. So hopefully its the filter body. It must have got very hot and it is warped. I think thats the prob.
Mike, You the man! I owe you big time. Let me know if you got one.
Thanks Jimmy"

I do not keep those in stock.

I do not keep those in stock. I would have to order. They run about $31 plus $7 for the o ring.

Might be just a easy to order from boats.net.

It is no problem for us to order if you wish. Just let me know.

"I will check to see if we hav

"I will check to see if we have a good used one. I do not think we do, since the couple of motors we are parting out siezed up due to no oil."

Back