Logo

290DP RAMS

hale

"Hi guys,when i trim my port l

"Hi guys,when i trim my port leg up to +10 for example,after about an hour it will sink back to +5,and eventally all the way back down,iv had both rams refurbished with new seals,and there are no leaks,,,could it be a case of getting air out of the system?? All replies appreciated,,,thanks"

"Couple of question martin,why

"Couple of question martin,why does it help if you work them while its running as opposed to while the engines off,,and also,how do you mean "relief valve by passing",,i get the general jist of it,but is it something i can do? Many thanks for the reply"

Alan... my understanding was t

Alan... my understanding was the tilt past a certain degree was harmful to the universal joint.
I can't see any difference other than voltage going to the pump motor running or not.

I have the same problem with one drive. The other (good one)has a new pump unit and does not have the problem.. so I would also like to learn about the relief valve.

It doesn't matter if it&#3

It doesn't matter if it's running or not just to keep from dischargine your batteries to low.And the by-pass valve you should be able to do your self if you have a manuel and can locate it. should be able to remove it and check and clean. sometimes strech the spring a little or clean a piece of trash from it is all it may need

"You may also have either a pi

"You may also have either a piston seal leaking internally (within the Ram Cylinder) bleeding base cylinder pressure to the stem cylinder side....., or a valve at the pump not "checking" completely.

To my knowledge, Volvo Penta has not offered a seal kit for these cylinders, so it is very likely that you have non OEM parts in it.
Not suggesting that they will fail...... just an FYI on that!

."

Back