Logo

Need BF15 Remote Control Installation Box Install Guide

mileskb

"Hello Everyone,
I have a H

"Hello Everyone,
I have a Honda BF15A (BAAS 1501434) manual tilt on the the back of my Bayliner for a kicker motor. It came with the boat. I picked up a Remote Control (eBay) and subsequently picked up the cables and mounting kit from the local Honda dealer.

However, the remote box itself did not come with instructions, and I can't find a part number on it anywhere. The "local" dealer, is not that local, and without a part number, it's hard for him to look up the the instructions.

Anyway, I was hoping someone here would have the instructions, or could point me in the right direction. It seems simple enough, but mainly I have no idea where to plug in the single plug at the end of the harness. I can't find a spot on the engine. Also do not know what goes on the shorter pigtails.

I'm good at wiring, so maybe even if this needs to be rewired to work, I could do that with the proper wiring diagram.

Thanks in advance for any/all input help...

377286.jpg
377287.jpg
377288.jpg
"

"Sorry to inform you...the con

"Sorry to inform you...the control box connector you have is not directly compatible the BF15A. The correct box has bullet type connectors on it.

Since you are good at wiring, you may be able to adapt this to your motor.

If you go to the Honda web site...http://marine.honda.com/Owners/Manuals/models/BF15
you can download an owner's manual for your motor. There should be a remote control supplement to it.

If you can not find the supplement with your specific model, download this BF15 owner's manual and use the wiring diagram on one of the last pages to make your modification. The wiring should be the same.

http://marine.honda.com/pdf/manuals/31ZV4622.pdf

Just remember, you will have to still manually choke the engine to start it unless you have the electric choke solinoid (which is no longer available...and when it was it was a couple of hundred dollars.)

The good news is that you just need to wire in the start and stop circuits (four wires)unless you wire in the warning lights.

Besure to trace the wiring out into the box. You will have more wires than you need and the color codes may not be the same.

It sounds like it will be a fun project. Good luck."

"Thanks Mike,
I was hoping

"Thanks Mike,
I was hoping for an installation guide on the remote itself rather than having to trace all the wires, but like you say, it's really not that big a deal. Start, Stop, oil light... should be able to figure that out..

Thanks"

"The actual installation guide

"The actual installation guide only shows a point to point connection of the bullet connections if you had the correct connectors. It would be just about useless for you anyway with the control box that you have.

If I can find one somewhere, I will e mail it to you.

We are anticipating a flood at work, so we are getting ready to pack to "bug out" if the river keeps coming up. So many of my books are in a storage tub right now."

"Ahhh, I get it... so really t

"Ahhh, I get it... so really the only "wiring" diagram, is the one you pointed above. It would be nice to have the install guide for the remote, just the same. Just to make sure I really have all the parts. As example, I didn't have the cable ends that should have come with it. I think I have everything, but would be nice to know for sure. Mounting recommendations etc..

But stay dry!!!! If you do find it, that would be great. Thanks again."

Back