Logo

Ibm an idiot need ome help

first_boat

"This is going to be a really

"This is going to be a really stupid question. And it is probably in the wrong forum. I winterized my boat, i took both hoses off the water heater and now i do not remember if the top of the water heater was the intake or the bottom?"

"It probably doesn't matte

"It probably doesn't matter much, assuming you have sufficient flow in your system. I would treat it like a radiator or heat exchanger, which has the 'intake' on the top. At least all of them I've had do. I'm no expert either.

No such thing as a stupid question, we all have to learn everything the hard way.
happy.gif
"

"Thanks for your help, i am gl

"Thanks for your help, i am glad there is no such thing as a stupid question. This is my first boat and i am not a gear head. I enjoy working on stuff even though and some time especially if i have no idea what i am doing."

"Mike, I would not recommend f

"Mike, I would not recommend filling from the top. You should fill from the lower point to ensure that the heat exchanger is full. This cannot be guaranteed when filling from top, water can rush through missing high points and corners of exchanger.

The problems with this include not fully exchanging the heat from fresh water and potentially developing hot spots because of air entrapment that could damage heat exchanger.

I'd fill from bottom when unsure. Also, better to ask then guess.

,Noel."

Back