Logo

1994 Johnson 120 hp

eubane

I have a 1994 johnson 120 model # j120tlarc. It wont crank. I checked the fireing and the top two cylinders are fireing but the two bottom are not. I switched the coils and still the top two are fireing and bottom are not. Is this a power pack problem for sure? Is there a way I can test power pack or something else I can check? Thanks for your help.

"i assume u mean,it wont start

"i assume u mean,it wont start..?
yes,u can ck all ur ign components...go to cdielectronics.com and u can find & download the instructions,click on 'support',..u r going to need an ohm/volt meter,and a peak reading meter or adapter."

"Yes it has a new battery. I j

"Yes it has a new battery. I just put a new starter on it and rebuilt the carbs. I will try to test the ign from the web site you told me about. I hope I can find the problem, I don't want to be buying something I don't need. I thank you very much for your help."

sorry to bother you but i have the same motor having trouble with the timing was wonder if i could get some up close pictures of timing screws on both sides under the flywheel and where the timing advanced black rod in front are set at i can't seem to get it set right

The timing normally does not go out of adjustment.----Any other trouble shooting done ?
I had a guy that though it was the timing and tried to adjust it and i think it is all screwed up now from reading alot of post these motors with the double timing is very hard to time them and nobody around here where i live will work on these older motors

Back