Logo

What year is my mariner

jamie_pc

I have a 40 hp mariner ser.# i

I have a 40 hp mariner ser.# is 676L50691. Can you tell me the year please.I have had no luck!!

"William, that is a 1977 "

"William, that is a 1977 "A" model Mariner built by Yamaha for Merc.

The A models were short lived. Yamaha discontinued the model (due to technical advances) in 1979 after two years of production. They ran out the remainder of the parts in stock by continuing to produce the Mariner version for an additional two years - the last one came off the production line in 1981.

Parts are super difficult to find for this particular model and unfortunately they are nothing like the 40 horse "C" models which were very prolific and were produced up until the early 1990's.

If it's running well, take very good care of it. It was a well built engine, but it's very much an orphan now...."

"Hello Graham
I have a 2 cyli

"Hello Graham
I have a 2 cylinder 30HP Mariner engine. the engine number appears to be: 30M689S234125. Could you let me know the year and where best to start looking for parts.

Help very much appreciated, it will help keep us afloat in the Pemba Channel, Indian Ocean."

"Hello Jonathan, that is a 199

"Hello Jonathan, that is a 1992 Yamaha built (for Merc) model.

A Merc dealer is your best starting point for parts.

The 30 horse was not overly popular in North America but on your piece of the globe they were quite prolific.

If there are any outboard recyclers in your area you may find many used parts.

Additionally, parts from a Yamaha model 30AM are also a "direct replacement" - the motors were mechanically identical...."

"Thanks very much for the info

"Thanks very much for the info. It will help a lot with tracing parts. There are both Yamaha and Mercury dealers in Dar es Salaam, I will try them. If not I guess I will have to get parts in from abroad. Either way the date and yamaha compatibilty info will help a lot.

Jonathan"

"Where can I find the serial n

"Where can I find the serial number of a Mariner Mercury 40HP, possible year 1996? Thanks..."

"Thank you Mr. Boat Tech, but

"Thank you Mr. Boat Tech, but it has no labels. Are there other place in the motor can I find that number?"

The only numbers that found in

The only numbers that found in the motor are the following 1017-8359 and 76540C. They help to identify the year of the motor? Thanks.

"Sometimes youl see the serial

"Sometimes youl see the serial number on a silver welch plug on the motor,,if its a Mercury Mariner,should be something like OG290585,if its American"

Re: "William, that is a 1977 "

I have a Mariner 4M 6E0 S 083741
what year is it?
what does it take to make it a 5 or 6 hp?
prop carb jets?

Back