Logo

Tools

wd40

"I am looking for tools for se

"I am looking for tools for setting points I don't know what they are called / they were for johanson & evinrude outboards I think there were a set of 3 for different size motor, you would take one and put it on the crank and it would fit with the key way it had like pointers at each end that would line up with lines on the plate that points / coils ect. are on and when pointer was in the middle of 2 lines that was where you set the point gap / does any one have any they would sell or where could I buy"

"u dont have to have those...j

"u dont have to have those...just make sure points are ,CLEAN,then gap at .020 on high spot of cam."

"In total agreement with JWB.

"In total agreement with JWB.

(Point Setting Of Magneto Models)
(J. Reeves)

Set the points as follows. Have the flywheel key aligned with the fiber rubber portion of the ignition points. Adjust the gap so that a .020 gauge will pass thru but a .022 will not. Should there be any question of the points being dirty (touching the contact with your finger would cause them to be dirty), clean them with a small brush and acetone or lacquer thinner.

NOTE: Should the operating cam have a small portion on it with the word "SET" imprinted, align this portion with the fiber rubbing portion instead of the flywheel key.

Thousands of parts in my remaining stock. Not able to list them all. Let me know what you need and I'll look it up for you. Visit my eBay store at:

http://stores.ebay.com/Evinrude-Johnson-Outboard-Parts-etc?refid=store"

Back