Logo

More omc bashing at the idiots site

chiefalen

Banned
"King Don " without a pot

"King Don " without a pot to -ee in " is back to his old way's. He never liked omc's, don't like 'em now and will never like them.

So what, who cares what he likes, but does anyone suspend him over there nope.

Maybe he's performing some sort of alternate lifestyle act on the owners.

Who knows maybe he can " come " on here and explain."

Yeah I'm getting sick of s

Yeah I'm getting sick of some of repeated already known facts....meanwhile my OMC keeps running just fine thanks...better than some way newer Volvos or Mercs....and truth be known...all ain't so good in Volvo Penta land...just ask someone with an OSI drive that leaked from the bellows 2 or 3 times (that great salt water drive is now DISCONTINUED) or a newer SX they have had trim pump issues (why did the put the trim pump outside the boat)....as long as I can get OMC parts...and my mechanic is still around for what I can't do...I'm sticking with the OMC

"Best to just leave it there.

"Best to just leave it there. This is a great board, with many helpful folks. IMO... there's no other board needed."

DON S
is a master tech

I;

DON S
is a master tech

I;m not found of honda's because of corrosion heck an OMC is now a Volvo

" I guess you must have read t

" I guess you must have read the thread before he took it down HUH?

Where are the people that are supposed to reign him in?

Just-IN-Time i got no beef with you as a matter of fact i think you have a keen mechanical mind.

But, and this is a BIG but, who is more guilty of a sin ? Those who commit it- or the person who commits the sin that has the authority given him to banish people, and welds that authority with conviction. Then on the very forum commits the sin over and over with immunity.

Maybe you can pm him in the other forum and ask him exactly what i posted to get me banned?

Not just what he says but copy and past to you the actual thread or post, that they said was against the rules there.

Then come back here and post the actual posts and threads i made.

I can't seem to get them to tell me what i did maybe they will tell you.

Maybe others here with more pull there, you guy's know who you are . Maybe you guy's can ask them."

"If the threads over there are

"If the threads over there are just kept to technical questions, the answers over there are usually fine and pretty helpful.
You get what you pay for, and I've paid good money for worse opinions so I think they have pretty good value.

OMC, VP, Mercruiser... they're all junk imho.

"

HAH ! Until the wizard comes o

HAH ! Until the wizard comes on here neutral ground and posts i won't add another post to this thread. I will leave it alone.

Believe me he will keep doing what he does and flaunt the very rules he bans people for there.

And if not allowed to post here i will find other places to post and call him on it.

Sooner or latter they will have to explain why?

Sure wish I could see the thre

Sure wish I could see the thread that caused old Don to get riled up Chief....I thought he was starting to mellow out since he retired and moved down from the Polar Bears!!!

"I wish someone would ban me .

"I wish someone would ban me ... I might get some stuff done around the house!
"

"[b]I wish someone would ban m

"I wish someone would ban me ... I might get some stuff done around the house! :)

Done...consider yourself banned!!!
sad.gif

But make sure you check back here frequently
lol.gif
"

"Me too. Snow is melting , now

"Me too. Snow is melting , now you can see the tops of the cars.

I got a bad case of cabin fever, hunting season is over."

"If iboats had separate forums

"If iboats had separate forums for OMC, Merc and VP (like this site) there would be a lot less animosity there.

another opinion from me
cant stay away..."

I agree Hy Stat. But I guess t

I agree Hy Stat. But I guess that would be less convenient for the "King" to bash us at every opportunity. That guy is the reason I quit visiting that site long ago. This site has all an OMC owner needs.

"So i'm not the only one w

"So i'm not the only one who got annoyed with that bashing, i feel a little better.

Ranting got it's rewards. I wish begging would, like at the door to the begging room, HAH."

"[b]"More omc bashing at t

""More omc bashing at the i.diots site !"

Ayuh,... I'm surprised,... Nope, Truely Amazed,...
I don't see My name in this Bashfest...

Is this Bashfest about the solid advise given to Potential OMC buyers,..??
Or just your Personal beef with Don, Chief,..??

I won't speak for Don, he's a big boy,+ can defend himself...If he chose to, which I doubt will happen,..
But,...
I will defend what some consider OMC bashing...
When a current OMC owner posts at iboats, they are given the same respect,+ answers as anybody else...
99% of the time, those answers are Factual, honest,+ help the guy...
That's the same reason this forum is on my list of regularly visited forums,..
I know Little about OMC drives, But I'm pretty good with motor questions,+ I do my Best to help those with Motor Problems,...

When a Potential OMC buyer posts about buying a Cheap boat with an OMC drive, he's told that OMC is a defunct company,..
No factory support...
Only aftermarket parts are available...
And, Some parts can't be bought, Anywhere, at Any price...
That's Honesty....

Telling a Potential OMC buyer that, "Oh ya, That's a Great Deal, Go buy it", only leads to Ex-boaters, Not fellow boaters....

Again,... Not defending iboat's decision, but stating the little I know personally, as I'm just a poster there, not a Mod.....
Chief, you were given multipule chances to calm down,...
But,...
You continued to take things Personally,+ continued to Get personal, just like this thread right here...
Just as this thread has Nothing to do with fixin' boats, Only Bashing somebody, Personally, that you don't like....
After repeatly being asked to Stop, you were Banned...

Right, wrong or otherwise, We all have to live by Rules,...
You Chose not too...."

"I know another sh%*head w

"I know another sh%*head who moderates his own Fishing Board. Stomps.com . It had a member who was an American who married a Canadian Woman in Port Stanley. The guy was always bragging about taking his Wifes " guests " out fishing in his 19' Open Tiller. Then, the goof posted a picture (which I STILL have) of himself holding a BEER while DRIVING his Boat. When I simply stated that " you should'nt post pictures of yourself drinking, while driving your Boat ", I was immediately attacked by nearly all the Board Members.
He then tried to backpeddle out of it, saying it was Rootbeer, but even an idiot could tell.
I let it go. THEN.... the fool posts a picture of himself, posing in front of his ice fishing daily catch.... I STOPPED counting at 130 fish. He had spelled the name of his Wifes B&B in the foreground. When I questioned THIS, again I was attacked. He tried to backpeddle AGAIN, saying his buddy had taken the picture (hence 2 guys, no prob. on the limit). It was obvious that he had propped the camera on a 5 gallon pail to take the picture.
As it turns out, I let the Ministry know about this clown, who was selling Pickeral Dinners out of his Wifes B&B to guests. This, as you know is ILLEGAL in Ontario. The Ministry marched in, took 3 freezers FULL of Pickeral, 1 Scaling machine, his boat, truck, but left the house. Let this be a lesson for all who think it's cool to poach. I told the prick in no short terms if I ever see him out on the Lake, he's getting swamped, to hell with the consequences.
Another total Hitler of a Moderator runs Skunked.com . His moniker is Eric the Pirate, and if you say anything REMOTELY bad towards him, you're banned. I dont need dorks like that ."

"Ok, i'll leave it to the

"Ok, i'll leave it to the people who read this and go back and read some of my posts at the other site.

Where did i break the rules?

When some one posts that i broke rules show me the instance where i broke the rule.

I can post that our esteem commander and chief is a raging homosexual, i better be able to post a picture of the alternate lifestyle act the person i am making allegation about, engaged in such act .

I want to see the post and thread that i bashed someone.

Bond-o i never had a beef with you ether, this thread is about a thread started bye King Don with a 470 merc coupled to a stringer drive and then make the setup he himself on paper photo copied together to make it appear that the motor and engine could be purchased together.

Then bashing the setup.

You would have to agree that was against the rules over there ?

And if not, why is the thread not there any more?

And if yes it was against the rules there, was the King given a suspension, and if he wasn't then they have one set of rules for me and one set for him

But really they should be giving him twice as long a suspension cause he's the guy supposed to keep order there.

Who is held to the higher standard? The cop or the robber.

Oh one last thing tell him i ain't going away.

Theres is not the only game in town."

"[b]"Bond-o i never had a

""Bond-o i never had a beef with you ether, this thread is about a thread started bye King Don with a 470 merc coupled to a stringer drive and then make the setup he himself on paper photo copied together to make it appear that the motor and engine could be purchased together.
Then bashing the setup."

Ayuh,... And I've never had a beef with you either Chief...
I Always enjoy our encounters,... You're a pretty humorous guy...

That thread was directed at Myself,...

In the dead of winter, a bunch of wrench heads, with too much time on their hands during the Off season, sitting around Bustin' on each other's Opinions about the two loveliest pieces of mechanical Wonder ever produced to propel a boat thru water...
Is called Humor....
It's brought on by a northern phenomenon called cabin fever...

In my other post, I explained my belief of warning potential buyers, Vs. Bashing...
'nough said there,...
If it offends you,+ the other guys,...
Please explain the flaws of my statements,...
If somebody, Anybody can explain Why it's wrong to warn potential buyers of the pitfalls of buying Obsolete equipment, Vs. current production stuff,...
I'll Listen,... Really,... I Promise...

As for your personal problems with other forums,+ personal problems with other posters or Mod.s,...
I'm not involoved, nor will I be...

My advise as a friend is to let it lay,+ move on with life...."

"I have plenty to keep ME busy

"I have plenty to keep ME busy.

I too have posted my opinion that omc is a brand to stay away from, and yes i am a funny guy and see humor everywhere.

I like you Bond-o you share your vast knowledge to all who ask as i have also.

But there are alot i mean alot of people who run 470's-170's or whatever you want to call them and they will tell you how great they are, same as stringer owners such as myself.

I know, i know the King don't care who's feelings he hurts, thats ok cause i don't care what he thinks.

And guess what, there is a world full of people don't care what he thinks.

I am still wondering why they took down the thread you got a idea, couldn't be anything i posted i'm banned.

So once again he get a suspension? If not, why not?

Oh forget hes a mod.

Let me say thank you for your advise.

Hers one for you they banned my son for posting there.

How would that make you feel. Kid is 14 loves boating and knows more about rebuilding drives then some " Master techs " and get this, he knows stringer drives inside and out.

Naaa i ain't going away !"

"[b]"I am still wondering

""I am still wondering why they took down the thread you got a idea"

Ayuh,... The thread bustin' my chops about the Ultimate Marine Driveline, is right here...

Nothings been taken down or locked or nothing....
The forum moves rather Fast over there,..
It's probably down in the archives to page 8 or 18 by now.."

""I am still wondering why

""I am still wondering why they took down the thread you got a idea"

Ayuh,... The thread bustin' my chops about the Ultimate Marine Driveline, is right here...

Nothings been taken down or locked or nothing....
The forum moves rather Fast over there,..
It's probably down in the archives to page 8 or 18 by now..

I don't get it....Chief isn't even in that post and I have no idea why Don would start a post like that....he's really never been one to let people know he has a a sense of humor!"

"[b]"I have no idea why Do

""I have no idea why Don would start a post like that....he's really never been one to let people know he has a a sense of humor!"

Ayuh,... I've been postin' head to head with Don since 04,...
It's a little known Secret, that he does actually have a sense of Humor....
Here's another attemp to Bust my chops...."

"Yeah, this guy was a member f

"Yeah, this guy was a member for years on another forum. Nut shelling this.... He became disgruntled when a member called him out on a procedure whereby he was simply in error...... rather than acknowledging and correcting himself, he left the forum!
He is fairly knowledgeable! His down side is that he does not think outside of the box very often. He is by-the-book, so to speak! And that is OK, but it doesn't often help one engineer something that will make a decent change or repair. Orville and Wilbur would have never flown had they not done so!
He can be grouchy on top of it all, which comes off as arrogance but he can also show a sense of humor and can be kind at times!
He has also very unselfishly given much of his time and help over the years! My hat is off to him for that!

I must say that I agree with Bondo's OMC comments!
I am not an OMC fan, so I'll refrain from any negative OMC comments.
I'm very glad that those of you who like them are having good luck with them. Parts will be around for years to come, I'm sure!
."

"If you click on it and not si

"If you click on it and not signed on to the site it won't bring up the pic.

I know stringers, and i can't tell you how many bad reply's that people get when they post a question about stringers. Over at the other forum.

They are simply a different dog sort to speak then modern drives.

But cobras were modern and volvo lusted for the company because of the innovation cobra brought to the i/o market.

So actually now volvo is omc, and omc is volvo.

Why did i bring it up one might wonder, or maybe one may wonder that the Chief is off his rocker.

King Don professes to know everything and anything about i/o's, but freely admits he knows nothing about stringers.

And he always goes on and on about volvo's being the best.

Ask a bunch of new volvo owners what they think.

If i were to buy a new boat now honestly i would go with outboards."

Back