Logo

1994 90hp evinrude tilt trim motor

billyt64

"I have been trying to get the

"I have been trying to get the motor to lower with the trim switch but the pistons on the trim were all stuck. I removed the cap like I saw on another thread and let it sit for awhile. I came back and tried it again. The trim motor worked in both directions and I let it down a bit, came up a little to see that it worked in both directions and it did. I went and let the motor down till it sat on the lower pistons and tried to move the motor back up to make sure it worked in different degrees but absolutely no electrical power was being sent to make it go back up a little. It would continue to lower with the switch but wouldnt work in the upper. can you give me a hand with this. Also, I have been looking for what type of oil to use for this early 1990's model 90hp Evinrude. E115TLERC"

"Electric motor operating in b

"Electric motor operating in both directions indicates the toggle switches and relays are okay. Trim rams not pulling in "after" the main center tilt ram lowers the engine down to the trim rams would indicate a faulty valve.

I prefer using the proper dealership PTT fluid BUT there are some who use automatic transmision fluid. DO NOT attempt to use anything else.

Thousands of parts in my remaining stock. Not able to list them all. Let me know what you need and I'll look it up for you. Visit my eBay store at:

http://stores.ebay.com/Evinrude-Johnson-Outboard-Parts-etc?refid=store"

Back