Logo

1984 AQ125 A Timing Belt

olddawg

Contributing Member
Going to change my Timing belt this season and was wondering if this is the correct "Automotive" equivilent for my 1984 AQ125 A??

1984 Volvo 242 DL 4 Cyl 2.3L

Thanks

"Casey,

your engine aq125a

"Casey,

your engine aq125a is a 2.1L. and that would be out of the same year and make Volvo car but with the 2.1L motor not the 2.3L motor.Im pretty sure
that the 2.3L is the aq145a but Im not 100% on that one.Im sure when Ricardo or EL.P see this post they will give you the correct answer to your question.Good Luck"

"Any reason that you don't

"Any reason that you don't want to buy the belt from Volvo-Penta? I would think that just ordering the right part would be easier than guessing. It's VP P/N 463377, called a "tooth belt". List price is $45.33 USD. Sierra P/N is 18-4029."

"Casey P, that one will work.

"Casey P, that one will work. In case of doubt, ask for a Dayco DY95032 timing belt or equivalent."

"El, thanks for the info.

J

"El, thanks for the info.

Joe Merchant, The reason I'm not buying VP is cost. Going automotive I can get the belt and tensioner for $35.00."

"You are welcome, Casey P. In

"You are welcome, Casey P. In fact, there is no difference between automotive and marine regarding belt and tensioner. Same applies to timing gears."

Re: AQ125 A Timing Belt

Hi guys I too am looking for the correct auto parts for my aq140a I lost the timing belt on it this weekend. Would the dayco dy95032 be the same for me? Also does any one have a parts # for the tensioner? What auto engine is this based from? I would like to just be able to grab all this stuff from Napa! Thanks for the help!!:D

Re: AQ125 A Timing Belt

jibbs, the AQ125A and the AQ140A are the same engine block (B21), so timing belt and tensioner are interchangeable. The equivalent car would be a 1976-1982 242 Volvo.

Go to www.autopartswarehouse.com, then select the above model and search for the components you need (tensioner, belt, etc).

Back