Logo

Twin DF115 normal to counterrotation

hhenault

"My boat is powered by a twin

"My boat is powered by a twin DF115 - both normal rotation - and above 4800 rpm, steering becomes very difficult, due to torques.

Does any body know if there is a kit, or a set of gears from Suzuki, allowing to get one motor in counter-rotation ?

Thanx in advance."

"Oops!
'Cause of my poo

"Oops!
'Cause of my poor technical English, I did not notice that 'Power assist' was 'Direction assistee' in french!

I have the "power assist" already installed. It helps for steering (turning the wheel), but it does not correct the strong tilting and portside turning that are caused by the motors' torques at high rpm's."

"Suzi steering + 'Leco

"Suzi steering + 'Lecomble and Schmidt' power assist.

below a picture, if it can help ...

376264.gif
22', 7000 lb, 2xDF115T pilothouse boat ...

"Take a look at the pic and se

"Take a look at the pic and see if that help
if that tab is off on one direction it can cause it to turn on you.
376270.png"" alt=""

"On each motor, the tab is per

"On each motor, the tab is perpendicular with the transom.

I think that the heavy torque of the 2 motors at 6000 rpm makes the boat tilting and turning naturally portside"

either they did not setup the

either they did not setup the twins right

the trim tabs on the motors are useless if you have a normal rotation and counter rotating

yes bennett trim tabs

Hello I see we got off track a

Hello I see we got off track a bit I miss read your first post to answer your question using my best resource I do not see ant counter rotation gear cases nor gears but my resources in Suzuki are limited. it is most likely the fact that they both turn the same that your steering get very hard. Now it may be passable using the trim tabs behind the prop to reduce that toque on the steering while running at high rpms (kind of lie the Rutter of a air plane) they will not help with the yaw thats for the bennett's again sorry for the extra info and this helps I am sure their is someone with better resources to add to this

Back