Logo

Yamaha 25 twin carb

confused

Here we have an engine 1 year

Here we have an engine 1 year old that sneezes or has a chif sound when you shut the throttle down what could the reasons be for this has been back to the dealer but no joy.the engine runs fine other wise thanks.

"Usually a "sneeze" is

"Usually a "sneeze" is associated with a lean fuel mixture. Does your motor run fine at all RPM's from idle through full throttle? Try draining each carb for water or debris. Is your fuel fresh and clean, have you installed a fuel/water separator? Good Luck!"

"Thanks for your reply, yes it

"Thanks for your reply, yes it runs fine at all RPMs from idle through to full throttle.There is no inline fuel filter.What sort of filter should it have. Do these carbs need taken off and soaked in a carb cleaner.I assume the fuel is ok as the motor is used often and i am asking for this information on behalf of someone.Is 91 octane ok.Thanks for your help, cheers keith."

"Walmart sells a fuel/water se

"Walmart sells a fuel/water separator-type filter for $27, looks and acts just like the oil filter on your car, easy to install with a cople of screws on your transom, can save you a lot of fuel/water/ethanol/trash problems. I just unscrew mine and dump it out and replace it,but you may want to replace the $8 cartridge filter. Get some Stabil Marine(Walmart $20/quart) and use it all the time. If you still have the "lean sneeze" you may need to clean carbs. Good Luck!"

"Walmart sells a fuel/water se

"Walmart sells a fuel/water separator-type filter for $27, looks and acts just like the oil filter on your car, easy to install with a cople of screws on your transom, can save you a lot of fuel/water/ethanol/trash problems. I just unscrew mine and dump it out and replace it,but you may want to replace the $8 cartridge filter. Get some Stabil Marine(Walmart $20/quart) and use it all the time. If you still have the "lean sneeze" you may need to clean carbs. Good Luck!"

The sneeze is due to a lean mi

The sneeze is due to a lean mixture at idle. Either the mixture screw is too lean or they didn't sinc the carbs properly.

thanks for your help the engin

thanks for your help the engine is now running like it should after drilling the jets out one size.

Back