Logo

Drive shaft snap ring

starvin_marvin

what do the pros use to remove

what do the pros use to remove the snap rings in the lower units i have the normal size snap ring pliers they have worked but it is always a chore i would like to purchase some that will work with a lot less problems any pictures of some that were made would be great or a source where i can purchase some thanks

"ok.....they are very large,ra

"ok.....they are very large,ratcheting,snap ring pliers,..harbor frieght has a decent pair..i have used sev off brand,..but the factory ones r best.."

"most off brand problems,are t

"most off brand problems,are the handles r too short,r they r not made strong enuf..."

I just ordered some from mc ma

I just ordered some from mc master catalog they claim they will fit in a bore I.D of 3 1/8 -6 " and they are 16 " long i hope they work thanks for your input

"Marvin,
I guessed that you m

"Marvin,
I guessed that you mean McMaster-Carr.
What was the part number of the snap ring plier you bought?
Have you received it yet, and if so, how did it work?"

"i think i also got a good pai

"i think i also got a good pair off the matco truck,in fact might be that instead of harbor frieght..."

I will not receive the pliers

I will not receive the pliers until tuesday or wednesday i will try them and i will let you know how they work i will also include the model number at that time i do not have the catalog that i purchase out of it belong to a freind but it was McMaster-Carr they cost $72.00 thanks

the snap ring pliers worked so

the snap ring pliers worked so well i put the rings back in and took them out again i have never been able to say that they are the model ( 7R with a 3 1/8 I.D bore with the ratchet mechenism 16" long ) work great purchased from mcmaster-carr 73.00

Re: yes that is what i have

I made a tool from a Harbor Freight 12" needle nose pliers. I notched the inside of the nose to easier hook the holes of the snap ring. Then I welded two 8" long 1/2" pipes onto the handles of the pliers to give myself more leverage

Back